Saturday, September 12, 2015

We meet again

If you are like me, chances are if you are reading this then you are also a little odd, you've spent a this week flicking between confident, terrified and excited.

I remain confident that if we play our best tomorrow then we'll win, where my confidence starts to get a little iffy is when I think about will we be able to produce our best on such a big stage? That's the question I remain unsure about.

If we line up with both Conca and Griffiths (and I remain unconvinced they both play even after yesterday) then every single chip we have is on the table. The three key forwards, our best midfielders and a settled defence, they're all out there. I reckon we'll win, but what happens if we don't? Let's hope it doesn't get to that.

So much has been written this week that I don't need to go into too much detail. Greg Baum and Martin Flanagan both produced wonderful pieces on what Richmond is about (#TeamFairfax). And I'm not even remotely clear headed enough to contribute anything fresh, two weeks is far to long to know your finals opponent.

What I'll leave it at is: if we turn up, we win and that Dusty is my tip to blow it all apart.

Votes from last week (and a reminder that everything from here is double votes):

5: Brett Deledio
4: Alex Rance
3: Trent Cotchin
2: Shaun Grigg
1: Dustin Martin

Leaderboards

The Benny:

31: Dustin Martin
27: Alex Rance
26: Trent Cotchin
25: Bachar Houli and Anthony Miles
23: Brett Deledio
18: Shaun Grigg
17: Jack Riewoldt and Taylor Hunt
16: Shane Edwards
15: Brandon Ellis
13: Nick Vlastuin
12: Troy Chaplin
9: Kane Lambert and Ty Vickery
8: Dylan Grimes, Ivan Maric and Kamdyn McIntosh
6: Jake Batchelor
5: Ben Lennon
3: Chris Newman and Ben Griffiths
2: Sam Lloyd
1: Steven Morris and Shaun Hampson

Blair Hartley Appreciation Award:

25: Bachar Houli and Anthony Miles
18: Shaun Grigg
17: Taylor Hunt
12: Troy Chaplin
8: Ivan Maric
1: Shaun Hampson

Anthony Banik Best First Year Player:

9: Kane Lambert
8: Kamdyn McIntosh

Joel Bowden's Golden Left Boot:

25: Bachar Houli
18: Shaun Grigg
12: Troy Chaplin
6: Jake Batchelor
3: Chris Newman

Greg Tivendale Rookie List Medal:

9: Kane Lambert

2 comments:

  1. So nervous! Yes, if we play our best, we'll win, but will we play our best? Deep down I think we will, but who can know? We seem to have gotten a bit better at winning when we are expected to and this afternoon we are expected to.

    But will we? I'm a bit tired of "it should be great game!" I don't want a "great game." I just want us to win, preferably by a lot.

    But one point will do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Post is very useful, I am truly happy to post my note on this blog . It helped me with ocean of awareness so I really consider you will do much better in the future.
    hats

    ReplyDelete